ROPESCAPE – Nyack, NY – October 7, 2017
ROPESCAPE – A One Day Intensive
Suspension: From the Ground Up and Into the Air
We are excited to announce ROPESCAPE Nyack, a rope suspension intensive and intimate rope play gathering with Eric Pride on Saturday, October 7 in Nyack!
In this intensive, you will learn rope suspension in a clear and systematic way. You will not just learn various patterns and ties, but develop an understanding of the building blocks in each one of them.
This is a hands-on intensive with A LOT of tying. Previous rope experience is a requirement. At a minimum, you should be comfortable with rope handling and basic ties such as single and double ties, a futomomo (“fat leg” tie), and a two-rope TK (chest harness). Please inquire with the organizers if you are not certain you have this background knowledge.
The intensive will cover topics such as:
- Rope suspension safety for tops and bottoms
- Thinking critically about rope: Breaking down fundamental and more complex ties into their basic building blocks
- Understanding and using chest harnesses (TKs)
- The main and support lines in suspension
- Structure, management and handling of static suspensions (time permitting, several variations of each tie will be covered)
- Using hip support and harnesses
- It’s not just about rope technique: Playing with partial and full suspensions
Join us after the intensive for an intimate rope play party and fun social times. You can play or practice your new rope skills in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
$125 per top/bottom/switch pair or couple. $40 per observer (i.e. you just want to watch, and not tie or be tied). Space is limited, and once the event sells out, registration will be closed. Price includes the evening play party. Tickets are transferable but non-refundable.
Participants must pre-register for the intensive. No registrations will be accepted at the door.
What to bring for the intensive
- 8-10 pieces of rope, each about 26-30 feet long (preferably natural fiber rope such as jute or hemp)
- 4-6 carabiners (rated for climbing / climbing gear)
- Safety scissors or shears
- Useful (but not necessary): A rope suspension ring, and nylon runner / sling to attach and adjust the height of your suspension point
- Refillable water bottle
- Blanket or yoga mat to use on the floor
1:30pm – 2:00pm: Doors open & registration
2:00pm – 5:30pm: Afternoon session
5:30pm – 6:30pm: Dinner break (on your own)
6:30pm – 9:00pm: Evening session
9:00pm – 12:30am: Rope play party (and further rope practice!)