Preparing yourself to apply to a M/s household or leather family
If you are a submissive or slave, how can you prepare yourself to apply to a M/s household or leather family?
While very rewarding, I want to say up front that living this lifestyle is a big commitment and not always easy. First off, both Master and slave have to be truthful to lifestyle values such as honor, integrity, respect, courtesy, courage, etc.
It is important to set expectations for the type of relationship you are looking for. This requires introspection and honest/honorable self-examination. In preparing yourself, ask yourself questions such as:
- What am I looking for? What am I expecting to get out of a relationship?
- What are my (minimum) needs? What do I need to be happy?
- What kind of relationship structure am I looking for? (For example, romance, BDSM, M/s, D/s, Daddy/boy, etc.)
- If you currently are in an existing relationship, what will happen to it? Is my partner (or partners) aware of my lifestyle interests? Would they support me in my pursuit of the lifestyle?
- What is my health status? Do I have any communicable diseases (STDs or other)? Are there any physical or psychological conditions that limit my ability to serve or to play?
- What is my financial status? Would my financial status improve upon or hinder my ability to provide service?
- What is my experience and skill set? Are those desireable for a M/s household or leather family?
You may also want to identify if there are any additional skills that might be useful for you to acquire. This might include massage, wine knowledge, cooking skills, tea service, formal dining service, etc., to mention a few.
It is helpful to have a lifestyle resume, listing your previous experiences and skill set.
In addition, make sure you have a group of individuals that can act as your references.